Website Terms and Conditions of Use
Vertigoventures.com (the “Website”) is a website and online store owned and operated by Vertigo Ventures Ltd. A company registered in England and Wales under Company Number 6949326 with its registered office at Albany House, Georgian Heights, Bourne End, Bucks, SL8 5NJ, United Kingdom (“Vertigo”, “we”, “us” or “our”).
Rights Of Use And Intellectual Property Rights
- view pages from our Website in a web browser;
- download pages from our Website for caching in a web browser;
- print pages from our Website;
- stream audio and video files from our Website; and
- use our Website services by means of a web browser.
Use of our products and services marketed through our Website may be subject to additional terms and conditions which will be notified to you before you begin using them.
Unless otherwise specified, all copyright, design rights, database rights, patent rights, trade mark and trade dress rights and other intellectual property rights in the Website belong to and vest in us, or are licensed to us.
Unless you own or control the relevant rights in the material, you must not sell, rent or sub-license material from our Website or exploit material from our Website for a commercial purpose;
Notwithstanding the above, you may redistribute our newsletter to any person provided that you have obtained their consent to do so.
We reserve the right to restrict access to areas of our website, or indeed our whole website, at our discretion; you must not circumvent or bypass, or attempt to circumvent or bypass, any access restriction measures on our website.
All third party trade names and trade marks are the property of their respective owners and we make no warranty or representation in relation to them.
Restrictions and Obligations
You will not:
- hack, modify, reverse engineer or create derivative works of the Website or any part of it;
- use our Website in any way or take any action that causes, or may cause, damage to the Website or impairment of the performance, availability or accessibility of the Website;
- use our Website in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity;
- use our Website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software;
- conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities (including without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our Website without our express written consent;
- access or otherwise interact with our Website using any robot, spider or other automated means;
- violate the directives set out in the robots.txt file for our Website;
- gain unauthorised access to any part of the Website;
- remove, modify or obscure any copyright, trade mark or other proprietary notices on the Website;
- create software which replicates or mimics the data or functionality in the Website;
- use your access to the Website for the sending of direct marketing (including without limitation email marketing, SMS marketing, telemarketing and direct mailing) or otherwise use data collected from our Website to contact individuals, companies or other persons or entities;
- use the Website or any part of it unfairly or for any illegal or immoral purpose; or
- attempt to do any of the acts listed above.
The Website enables the display of your own or third party content (“User Content”) without review or moderation. The Website is therefore merely a conduit of User Content.
The views expressed in any User Content are the views of the individual authors and not those of Vertigo unless specified otherwise by Vertigo.
We disclaim all liability in respect of any comments, views or remarks expressed in any User Content.
By using the Website you acknowledge that Vertigo has no responsibility to review the content of any User Content and that all User Content is made available on the basis that Vertigo is not required to exercise any control or judgement over User Content.
If you submit data, messages, audio, video, textual or other content through the Website such as through a discussion forum, comments on a blog post, or otherwise then:
- you grant us a sub-licensable, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to use and make available any User Content which you submit, worldwide in connection with the Website; and
- you agree to comply with our User Content Guidelines as set out in Schedule 1.
IT IS A KNOWN RISK OF INTERNET USAGE THAT PEOPLE ARE NOT NECESSARILY WHO THEY SAY THEY ARE. PEOPLE MAY PROVIDE INFORMATION OR BEHAVE IN A WAY THAT IS UNRELIABLE, MISLEADING, UNLAWFUL OR ILLEGAL. VERTIGO HAS NO WAY OF TELLING IF STATEMENTS MADE BY OTHER USERS ARE TRUE. YOU SHOULD THEREFORE EXERCISE SOME DEGREE OF CAUTION WHEN USING ANY WEBSITE. BY USING THE WEBSITE YOU ACCEPT THAT YOU USE THE WEBSITE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Vertigo provides and maintains the Website on an “as is” basis and is liable only to provide its services with reasonable skill and care.
External Sites have not been verified or reviewed by Vertigo and all use and access of External Sites is made at your own risk. “External Sites” means third party websites and online services to which the Website links.
Vertigo gives no other warranty in connection with the Website or its content or any External Sites and to the maximum extent permitted by law, Vertigo excludes liability for:
- any loss or damage of any kind howsoever arising, including any direct, indirect, special, punitive or consequential loss whether or not that loss arises out of something of which Vertigo has been made aware;
- the accuracy, currency or validity of information and material contained within any User Content or the Website;
- any interruptions to or delays in updating the Website;
- any incorrect or inaccurate information on the Website;
- the infringement by any other person of any copyright or other intellectual property rights of any third party through any User Content or use of the Website;
- the availability, quality, content or nature of External Sites;
- any transaction taking place on External Sites;
- any transaction with any third party retailer taking place on the Website;
- any amount or kind of loss or damage due to viruses or other malicious software that may infect a user’s computer equipment, software, data or other property caused by any other person accessing, using or downloading the Website or any part of it, or any User Content; and
- all representations, warranties, conditions and other terms and conditions which but for this notice would have effect including without limitation any implied warranty of satisfactory quality or fitness for purpose.
Vertigo does not warrant that the operation of the Website will be uninterrupted or error free.
Except as provided above there are no other warranties, conditions or other terms and conditions, express or implied, statutory or otherwise, and all of those terms and conditions are hereby excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law.
You agree not to use the Website in any way which is:
- may give rise to civil or criminal liability for Vertigo; or
- which might call Vertigo into disrepute.
Failure to enforce any term does not constitute a waiver of that term.
The Website is intended for and directed at the United Kingdom. No representation or warranty is made as to whether the Website complies with the laws of any other country.
All questions, comments or enquiries should be directed to us. We will try to respond to within 48 hours.
Vertigo Ventures Ltd
Bucks, SL8 5NJ
User Content Guidelines
You agree and undertake that you will not post, communicate, transmit or make available to or through the Website any User Content, statement, material, communication or other content which:
- is unlawful or which gives rise to civil or criminal liability;
- infringes the intellectual property rights of any third party;
- is technically harmful such as computer viruses, worms, logic bombs or other malicious software or harmful data;
- is abusive, seditious, sexist, pornographic, homophobic, defamatory, libellous, discriminatory, obscene or racist;
- harasses any person;
- may be deemed a marketing or commercial communication or promotes the products or services of any person;
- contains any restricted material, including but not limited to passwords, medical information or confidential information of any person; or
- solicits, promotes, invites, encourages, advocates, incites or provokes any or all of the foregoing.
You shall ensure that all the information you supply to us through our Website, or in relation to our Website, is true, accurate, current, complete and non-misleading.
- You further agree that in any activity you undertake during or in relation to the Website you will not in any way conduct yourself in a manner which is unlawful or which gives rise to civil or criminal liability or which might call us or the Website into disrepute.
- You authorise us to remove, restrict, suspend or alter any of your User Content for any reason, in our sole and absolute discretion, including but not limited to User Content which conflicts with the terms of these User Content Guidelines or is otherwise inconsistent with these Website Terms and Conditions of Use.
- If you discover User Content which you believe contravenes these Website Terms and Conditions of Use or is otherwise objectionable please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.