On Thursday 5 March at 10am (UK time), Vertigo Ventures will run a webinar open to our VV-Impact Tracker clients as well as anyone else interested in research impact. It will be on “Research Impact around the World”.
Governmental bodies, funding agencies and universities globally are realising the importance of measuring and demonstrating the impact of research, from ensuring that funded research is maximising its potential to make change happen, through to, demonstrating the value of continued investment in research. Now, in partnership with Vertigo Ventures (VV), The Times Higher Education (THE) have developed the world’s first University Impact Rankings, based on universities contributions to the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
VV are uniquely placed to see how the impact agenda is being discussed and progressed from an international perspective. Since 2009, VV have expanded rapidly to support universities in four continents as they respond to funding and governmental requirements for impact assessment.
In this webinar, Dr. Lucy Davies will take you on a journey through what research impact means across the globe, how various regions are approaching impact assessment, identify some of the common and unique challenges to tracking and demonstrating research impact, opportunities to learn and how best to embed impact, across a multitude of contexts and funder requirements, ultimately, for research sustainability.
- When? Thursday 5 March at 10am (UK time). The webinar will last for approximately 40 minutes, with 30 minutes presentation and 10 minutes for Q&A.
- Where? This webinar will be hosted on Zoom. You will get a link to join once you have signed up. Any problems, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- How do I register? You can register for the webinar on Zoom via this link up to 24 hours before the webinar start time.
1. To understand how various regions approach research impact
2. To understand some of the major challenges and opportunities for research impact globally
Dr. Lucy Davies is our Product Manager. She is in charge of the continuing and future development of VV Impact Tracker, so she is the person to answer any questions around the product. Lucy has extensive experience in research impact and is passionate about encouraging and helping researchers to make their work matter in the world outside academia.
Kristy Evers is our Training Manager. She is the key contact for all training and support related queries at Vertigo Ventures and often spends her time travelling across the country delivering training on VV-IT and impact in general. Kristy has a background in education research and educational technology.