Preparing for Impact in REF2021
In July 2018, UK’s four higher education funding bodies published the draft panel criteria and submissions guidance for the Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2021, for consultation. The newly published guidance builds on the Initial decisions document by HEFCE in 2017 and answers many of the remaining questions.
There are some aspects still open for consultation with some specific questions posed in the documents. The process is open to “any higher education institution, association, organisation or individual with an interest in the conduct, quality, funding or use of research”. Deadline for responses is 15th October 2018. The final guidance will be published in January 2019.
Vertigo Ventures have invited Dr Simon Kerridge, Director of Research Services at University of Kent and Chair of CASRAI, with over twenty years of experience in research management and administration, to lead this webinar. Simon will be sharing his knowledge about the impact weighting and panel criteria for REF2021, and, discussing the changes from REF2014.
The webinar will run for approximately 45 minutes covering:
- The increased weighting for impact in REF2021
- What we know so far about the Impact element of REF2021 from the draft panel criteria
- Key changes from REF2014
The webinar will also include a Q&A session with Simon.
Who should attend?
- REF Managers/Directors of Research Office
- Impact Officers/Research Support Officers
- Academic Impact Leads/Impact Champions
- Directors of Research/Research & Enterprise committee members