For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Vertigo Ventures Ltd registered at the Information Commissioner’s Office with number ZA108678.
The Vertigo website at (the “Site”) and the VV-Impact Tracker cloud hosted research management system and any content they contain (the “Product”) are services owned and operated by us. The Product enables individuals who register with us (each a “Registered User”) to collect, organise and analyse third party content for the purposes of evaluating the impact of a project on an organisation.
WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT?
We may ask you for, or you may submit, personal and non-personal information and data to us when you use the Service. This could include:
- your name and address;
- your username and password;
- your email address and ORCID (if you have one, find our more here:
- your phone number;
- your browsing and log data collected by Google advertising or analytics cookies and other technical means that we may employ to recognise your device when you visit the Site;
- behavioural information such as the amount of time you spend using the Service, the links you follow from the Service, and the choices you make while using the Services (“Behavioural Information”); and
- any content you submit to the Service (“Your Content”).
When you get in contact with us we may keep records of what is communicated. This is to ensure we have a record of our discussion for future reference and so we can provide services to you more efficiently.
We might collect sensitive information about you, but we will never collect your sensitive information without your explicit consent.
USES OF DATA
We use data for the following purposes:
- Name, username, address: to enable you to make purchases and to manage your user account;
- Password: to manage your user account;
- Your Content: to process and make available Your Content to the Service;
- Behavioural Information: to understand how you use the Service;
- Google advertising and analytics cookies and anonymous identifiers: to conduct analytics on your visit to the Site, including by recording and analysing user behaviour, location, audience, demographic and interest data. This information may be used in order to enable remarketing to you and may be shared with Google.
Information submitted to the Service may also be used to:
- enable our compliance with applicable laws and regulations
- enable our compliance with any agreements entered into between us
- enable your use of the Service and associated services
- understand how the Service is being used
- provide you with an up to date, efficient and reliable service, and
- generally run and improve the Service.
We may disclose personal information about you to trusted third parties (both inside and outside of the European Economic Area):
- for marketing purposes; and
- to enable us to receive services which help us operate the Service.
Such third parties may include (without limitation): Microsoft, Google, Hootsuite, Citrix Systems, Amazon, DropBox, SurveyMonkey or Smartline International (where you respond to surveys we send out from time to time), Highrise, UserVoice, Heart Internet or Hootsuite Media.
Your personal information may also be disclosed:
- if we sell any businesses or assets, to the purchaser of those assets or business
- with a view to preventing fraud or reducing credit risk, and
- if we are obliged to do so to comply with law, regulations or a court order; if it is necessary to enforce any of our terms and conditions or any other agreements to which we are a party; if it is necessary to protect our rights, property or the safety of our customers or users.
You consent to the disclosure of your personal information to such overseas entities.
MANAGEMENT OF DATA
We will only use information collected about you in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
If you believe we have information about you that you do not want us to have or that you think is incorrect, please contact us.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal data from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to the Service. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGY
We use ‘cookies’ and similar technologies on the Service. Cookies are small computer files which the Service may store and/or access in your internet browser, enabling information to be transmitted to and from your internet browser or device and the Service. Cookies may also be stored in your internet browser by or on behalf of third parties, such as Google, Facebook, or providers of advertising services.
Cookies enable us to record anonymous information about you, including: the type of internet browser you use to access the Service, your computer operating system, the websites you visited before visiting the Service, the areas of the Service you visit and your IP address (which can provide information about your approximate geographic location). Cookies cannot be used to disclose your individual identity.
- learn about how the Service is being used and which types of individuals are using the Service
- record and report user profile, behaviour, location, audience, demographic and interest data
- record which other websites have referred users to the Service
- optimise the Service and improve our services
- make it easier for you to fill in forms on the Service and remember the information you have submitted to the form
- enable the Service to remember your preferences
- enable aspects of the Service to be customised, and
- provide relevant advertising.
If you want to learn about how to opt out of Google Analytics, please visit or your Google Ads Settings.
We will only hold data about you for as long as necessary, bearing in mind the purpose for which that data was collected.
If you follow a link from the Service to any third party websites, you should be aware that those websites may have their own privacy policies. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for those websites. Please check the policies of any third party websites before submitting any personal data to them.
All questions, comments or enquiries should be directed to us. We will try to respond to you within 48 hours. In accordance with applicable data protection law, you have a right to access, rectify and remove any of your data which are inaccurate, incomplete or outdated. You may exercise this right by contacting or writing to Data Protection Officer at Vertigo’s address below. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee at our standard rate for any requests for copies of personal data held by us.
VERTIGO VENTURES LTD
Bucks, SL8 5NJ