Experts In Impact Measurement
Vertigo Ventures was founded to measure impact, and we work closely with our clients to deliver high quality impact reporting, which provides clear and actionable insight into how individuals and organisations can maximize the reach and significance of their impact.
We do this by providing a range of proprietary services, such as, training workshops, consultancy services, and our software programme VV-Impact Tracker. All of which utilize our innovative online reporting framework, VV-Impact Metrics, that we have developed over the past seven years. This depth of impact expertise enables our clients to put their best foot forward with embedding impact reporting and creating excellent impact.
Impact Reporting for a Sustainable World
Impact reporting for a sustainable world is at the core of our belief system. By enabling the measurement of impact the firm the team believe that we are contributing to a more sustainable world because investment decisions can be directed towards positive impact. Our mission is to enable our clients to fulfill their social and legal obligations and to make better informed investment decisions, by enabling impact data to be identified, recorded and amplified.
The core values of the team are:
Keep it simple: Making life easier for all is the crucial sense check we do, whether it is how we design new functionality for our software VV-Impact Tracker or deciding how to communicate with each other, considering how it will make your life and our lives easier is the key question we ask ourselves.
Honesty: We believe that communication is key to successful delivery and that honest communication is best in class. We proactively seek honest feedback from clients that we work with and from within our team. Honesty is key for self improvement, raising queries early, proactively suggesting ideas and implementing new solutions.
Innovate: Embedding impact reporting is new for most people with new work flows around it evolving all the time so being able to lead and respond quickly, using the latest technology approaches, to establish efficient, easy work flows from the start, is our approach. Our clients inform our development to ensure our solution orientated functionality delivers.
Hard work: We go the extra mile to get the job done on time and move mountains if we need to as we take a solutions orientated approach, focusing on the end goal from the very start. Your success is our success so we want to ensure you’re ecstatic with our service.
You should love us: We should be a great group of people to work with. We are here to serve you and your mission to report impact so we seek to be responsive to your suggestions, comments or queries to make your job with reporting impact easier. As such we always welcome your feedback on how we are doing.
Laura introduces Vertigo Ventures and talks about Impact Research
As Managing Director of Vertigo Ventures, Laura leads the strategy and growth of the company. Laura Co-Founded Vertigo Ventures in 2009 and led the development of the company’s flagship product, the VV-Impact Tracker, which is being used across the UK and Australia by research institutions, across disciplines to identify, capture and report the impact of their research.
At Vertigo Ventures, Laura drives the company’s vision to embed impact reporting as part of business as usual for organisations, so that impact data is used for decision making. As such, Laura oversees service delivery, ensures the core values are at the heart of how the company operates and contributes to the impact agenda though co-writing papers and speaking at conferences with university colleagues and funding bodies. For example, publishing the HEFCE commissioned Impact Guidance Report, speaking at the Impact of Science Conference in Amsterdam and at the INORMS conference in Melbourne.
Meet The Team
Business Advisory Board
Join The Team - See Our Vacancies
Since 2010, Vertigo Ventures has been working with organisations to identify, capture and report the impact of their research projects to funders to secure funding. Vertigo Ventures worked with leading UK universities to prepare for the UK REF 2014 and the Australia team has been working with Australian and New Zealand researchers on engagement.
In 2014, Vertigo Ventures launched VV-Impact Tracker with UK institutions to help researchers and higher education institutions to identify, store, validate, and organise impact information and evidence from funded and non-funded projects. VV-Impact Tracker provides a taxonomy and systematic workflow that contextualises research project information with impact data to provide a compelling narrative about research use, reach and significance, and produces clean data for reporting purposes.
Through our online tool we have been able to create a fast growing technology company which is expanding in the UK and abroad.
Our training and consultancy services continue to build on our solid foundations as impact experts first and foremost and support our universities to understand how best to measure impact, and identify their achievements to date.
With the rapid growth of the business we are looking to welcome a new team member to support the business reach its goals.
University Relationship Manager Role:
Responsibilities & Skills:
- Manage the on-boarding of new universities
- Understand university requirements and support university engagement along with VV-IT via creating Engagement Plans etc.
- Perform product demonstration and on-site university training
- Coordinate with university contacts and ensure that users are well supported by providing ‘Train the Trainer’ workshops etc.
- Communicate with the Institutional Senior Management to support universities with the proposed Engagement Plans
- Be able to respond to user queries
- Manage evolving university expectations and identify opportunities for adding further value to universities and growing VV’s university client base
- Collaborate with other departments within the company to effectively support university account management
- Support international expansion and be able to contribute to accounts in different countries
- Organise and manage events for universities
- Work with the development team to present universities’ requests for new functionalities
- On a weekly basis track and analyse university/users’ usage and customer satisfaction.
- 2 years of previous experience in multi-stakeholder management.
- Understanding of higher education sector and research is desired.
- Communications and/or training experience desired
- Be comfortable working with a small team
- Positive attitude and desire to grow with the company
- Passion for impact and sustainability required
- Proactive approach and organisational skills
- Willingness to engage with various technology platforms
- Willingness to be flexible with timezones
- Willingness/ flexibility to travel at least two days of a week
Full time hours
Salary range: £37,000- £45,000 p.a.
To apply, please email your CV and a short cover letter to email@example.com
Closing date: 4 January 2018
Start: February / March 2018
We look forward to hearing from you.